Monday, January 20, 2014

Good Day!

Melancholia Malady, at your service! I am VERY new to blogging (in fact, this is my first blog~), and would love to introduce myself and my blog. My name is Melancholia Malady, a proud Goth, Cat Owner, and Otaku~ I hope to spread the (correct and righteous) knowledge of the Gothic subculture to not only
discriminators online who would normally stereotype and bully any black-clad person on the street, but to help strengthen that "Goth" bond between you and the inner workings of your soul (*w*) Goth, as said by many, is what you make it. It is not only a way of dressing, it's a way of living. It's not only a 70's movement. It's the loving of the beauty in the darker things in life.

The first time I was introduced to Goth was when I started watching an anime called Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler. The story took place in Victorian London, and the mood was dark and very gloomy (how could a story about a 12-year-boy summoning a demon to get revenge on his parents' killer sound sunny and happy to you??). There was definitely a Gothic vibe to the anime- from the way of dress to the furnishings and EVERYTHING. After finishing the series, I vowed to research the Gothic subculture and submerge myself in the beautiful life of the Goths (by no way do I mean that the average Gothic life is glamorous compared to any other-- Each individual experience with Goth is different, but so far, the Gothic influence in my life has helped me control my life.) I looked at many Goth blogs, and learned what Goth REALLY was- not the stereotypes (but, yet again, I was never one for the stereotypes.) I fell in love. Ever since then, I have done much more research and listened to the music and, and grew accustomed to the Gothic way of living. I eventually found my very own Goth style, and was able to fully express my emotions through my clothing and art. The only thing that ever bothered me was I knew no Goth individuals. My friends were not into it, nor was my sister or parents. I still suffer through this "eating away at the soul", because I have no one to share the love with. No one to read Edgar Allan Poe or Emily Dickinson with. No one to listen to Depeche Mode with. No one to really share my joys with. For all of you in my similar circumstance, it is really, really hard to get by (to put it that way!). That is why I made this blog, to not only inform, but to find people to talk to.

Please, feel free to post comments about what I can improve on, what you liked about my blog, or just friendly conversation. I would really appreciate any help to improve my blog! Thanks~

-Melancholia Malady

No comments:

Post a Comment